Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Honor Your Progress.

PROGRESS. 

What are you working towards in your life? a promotion at work? a personal goal? a shift in perspective? discovering "who you are"?

When is the last time you took a moment to acknowledge your progress? The practice of setting goals and working towards them is a necessity for building confidence and courage. Your goals don't have to be written on paper, or shared with a loved one to be valid. Goals, whether small or large, provide meaning and direction in your life. Life provides so many opportunities to strive and accomplish. One of the most important parts of goal setting is tracking your progress. So often we forget to take a moment to appreciate where we are and how we ended up here. It is so natural to keep focus on the end goal that we lose sight of the journey it takes to reach the goal. Show yourself a little love. Write down all the progress you have made towards goals in the last year. ONLY FOCUS ON PROGRESS! This will help you get in the routine of recognizing your accomplishments and striving forward.

I spent the last 10 weeks in an intensive Yoga Teacher Training. My heart was set on this training when I signed up, and although I did not know what I was working towards or what exactly I was hoping to gain or accomplish from this training - I knew it was the right direction for me. Watching my progress through the course has been such a rewarding experience. I have accessed a place in myself - my true soul - that I would have never imagined. It has welcomed numerous feelings of insecurity, vulnerability, fear, all along side the beauty of happiness, joy, contentment, and passion. I'm now on the other side - heart and eyes wide open.

Do yourself a favor - strive for progress. Find beauty in the journey. And never give up on your dreams.

Yours Truly,
Be Bold - Be Brilliant - Be Beautiful
XO.J

No comments:

Post a Comment