Sunday, December 21, 2014

b.i.t.t.e.r.s.w.e.e.t

I have spent the last 10 weeks in an intensive Yoga Teacher Training program.

When I made the decision to leave my career behind 4 months ago, I knew something wasn't right. My gut was constantly throbbing. I began to doubt myself. My purpose. My life. I knew it was time to leave what I was doing behind. I didn't know why I was feeling this way - but my heart told me to let go. Let go of the title. The money. The accomplishment.

So I did. 

Yoga has always brought me back to my genuine self. Especially over the last year when the struggle started to feel so real. When I felt lost in the shuffle, yoga honed me in. When I felt purposeless, it gave me purpose. When I felt weak, it made me strong. When I felt empty, it inspired me to look deeper. It was like a superpower that I could always tap into. Who wouldn't want to share this with the world? The unraveling, gratification, and love of self that always unfolded during my practice was priceless. I knew I wanted to share this.

So I decided to sign up for Yoga Teacher Training. 

Ever since, the shift has been so real. So inspiring. So meaningful. For me, it has been so much more than learning to teach yoga. I dove deep into a pool of self-discovery.

Don't get me wrong, there has been plenty of struggles and moments of discomfort. Feelings of being lost or confused - just as we experience in life. But for once, I began to feel empowered. I was able to handle these difficult feelings with bliss. I learned to accept. To let go. To let things be. To be content. I noticed the feelings of joy and contentment began to flood me. The shift was real.

Today, my heart is so full. I am sad to end this chapter. I'm sure the other 21 beautiful souls who were by my side are having similar feelings. But, this is really just the beginning. The beginning of an opportunity to take what I have learned and truly shine. Share it with the world. Make a difference.

When your heart talks - listen. Stay true to yourself. And always, Be Bold - Be Brilliant - Be Beautiful. 

XO J


No comments:

Post a Comment