Thursday, December 31, 2015

Two.Thousand 15

Another year passed. 

It started off as an adventure. After quitting my "career" last September in search of something bigger, this year was full of self-discovery. Here's some highlights of things I did:

1. Moved back to Breckenridge. This place makes my heart full everyday. I am so blessed to call it home.
2. Started teaching yoga. A practice in life that I am so passionate about. Yoga has taught me so much of what I need to know to live a happy healthy life. Although I have discovered it is not the end all be all (what really is?) I am so blessed with this gift and my ability to share it with others. 
3. Got a job at a cute boutique in Breckenridge - Ruby Jane. Such great energy. This place can light up any bad day. A great reminder that I love to be on my feet, talk to people, and be a part of something. 
4. Traveled to Nicaragua on a yoga retreat with Lindsay Gonzalez. Faced a fear of traveling solo post-retreat. Did a lot of crying, reflecting, digging, and accepting. Made some amazing new life-long friends. Fell for a guy who taught me more about what I want out of a relationship. And that I was finally ready to love and give to someone after several years of finding love, value, and acceptance for myself. Vulnerability really is strength. 
5. Went climbing outdoors for the first time. Discovered a new level of strength - mentally and physically. Faced a fear of heights. 
6. Got into mountain biking. So much adrenaline. 
7. Traveled to Israel. A place I never thought I would have the desire to visit. In seek of exploring my heritage, I found so much more. I found a home. I connected with people unlike ever before. I understood myself. I accepted. I appreciated. I felt like I died and was resurrected by my experience. Words cannot begin to explain. I feel blessed. 
8. Visited Greece and Turkey. Ate some amazing authentic Mediterranean cuisine. Went diving for the first time. A lesson to be had in facing any fear. It will make you feel on top of the world. 
9. Started trading commodities with pops. Being a part of his world and putting myself in his shoes has helped me to understand and appreciate him more as my father and the human he is. Challenged my patience, confidence, and comfort zone. 
10. I started having periods again. Discovered acupuncture and other forms of alternative medicine that have been slowly creeping into my life. I'm all in!
11. Fell in love. The highlight of my year. People have always told me about this feeling that arises when you meet someone special. I have never felt that before now. And I especially never expected to find it in a town like Breckenridge. Or maybe I did. This place has always had my heart. JP has brought so much love, understanding, and life to my world. I am so grateful to have a humble, kind, loving, non-judgmental individual stand by me and love me unconditionally. He supports me in whatever I do. He's patient with me. He teaches me the things I need to know about life, love, and the pursuit of happiness. I'm not sure how I got so lucky. But I am so so grateful to call him my love and my best friend. 



What I'm proud of:
1. Facing a lot of different fears. 
2. Remaining vulnerable when running away felt like a better plan. 
3. Giving myself away. Learning how to be vulnerable and love someone. 
4. Standing strong for what I believe in. Staying true to myself and my intentions. Exploring myself. 
5. Slowing down. Although it wasn't slow (still working on how to slow down in life!). It was more intentional than ever before. I like that. 
6. Learning how to take better care of myself and find a balance between work, life, happiness, love, and all things beautiful. 
7. 

Needs Improvement:
1. Self-value. Self-worth. What is enough? For me? Not for others...
2. Patience. Instant gratification is NOT reality. 
3. Listening. Although this year was a great step in the right direction, I would like to hear and learn more. 
4. Letting go of fear of failure. Letting go of fear of the unknown.


2015 was big. Not just for me, but for many of the people in my life. Beauty comes in many forms. ThAcceptance, vulnerability, passion, and learning to listen to the beat of my heart. I had some amazing adventures, traveled to places most people would never dream of going, made countless memories, and met many inspiring individuals along the way. I followed the beat of my heart, learned to accept 

No comments:

Post a Comment